Once again, since it’s Monday, I am linking up with Stasha’s Monday Listicles over at The Good Life. This week’s topic was chosen by Jen at Just Jennifer, and is 10 reasons why we do, or do not want more children.
So with that, I present you with my list of why I don’t plan to have any more children:
1. We currently have an ideal balance of humans to cats in the house. 3 humans, 3 cats. I fear that if we added another human to the mix, the cats may think that we are trying to take over, and attempt to stage a mutiny.
2. We only have 3 bedrooms in our house. One for us, one for the kid, and one for a guest room. I don’t know if it would be right to make the guests ( we
almost never always have) sleep on the floor, especially in light of point #1.
3. I refuse to drive a minivan. Nothing personal towards anyone who does, of course, but I could never do it. It’s a matter of principle.
4. My son didn’t sleep through the night until he was 2 1/2 years old. Now that he is 3, I am starting to get used to actually sleeping 5-6 hours a night, and I don’t think that I could go back.
5. Between work, the husband and the kid, the only time I have left over during the day to read or go online is in the bathroom. I fear that if I added another person to the mix, I would no longer have time to even go to the bathroom anymore.
6. I purposely like to mess with people who are nosy, and it’s a challenge to come up with new answers to the question of when I’m having another. If I actually do have another, that would just take away my fun.
7. I must confess, I have never been good at doing makeup. How could I possibly pass my
already non-existant skills onto a daughter? I would set her up to be the laughing stock of Grade 8.
8. More kids would mean that I would either have to share my iPad 4 ways, or get a new one (actually, that’s not a bad idea).
9. My local Starbucks only has 1 highchair.
10. I have only recently discovered my love of pole fitness, and being pregnant would severely hamper my ability to learn new tricks and inversions.
So there you have it. My current list for the reasons why I’m not having any more kids.
At this point – are you done? Undecided? Still working on it?