I know that it’s Tuesday (and late Tuesday to boot), but seeing as it’s Valentine’s Day, I wanted to do my Monday Listicle a little late this week. Actually, I’ve been a bit of a slacker of late, and have missed the last couple, but I’m diving right back into it today. This week, to celebrate the day, Stasha chose Love.
So I decided to do my list about 10 things that I love about the two most important guys in my life.
1. They make me laugh. Loudly, and every single day.
2. When I am having a bad day, I know that they will be there to pick me up or give me a needed kick in the butt ( whichever is most appropriate).
3. They get me, and love me for who I am. My husband understands my faults and loves me in spite of them. My son sees the person I want to be every day in the person I am.
4. They love music. All kinds, from punk to rock to country, and almost everything in between. My husband instilled a deep love of punk in me, and loves to get into the mosh pit at concerts with me. Nothing more awesome than a guy who can rock and mosh with the best of them. My son will be the same way, I can see it in him already.
5. They love my baking and cooking, even when I don’t think that it’s that great.
6. They accept that there are just some things (ok, a lot of things really) that I wish that I had time for, but just don’t. Together, we make time for the things that are important to us, and the everything else comes later, or not at all.
7. We have fun together. We play, and have sword fights, and drive cars together. They are my favourite people to spend my time with, and I’m not just saying that because they are family. Both my husband and my son have the most amazing personalities, so different, but yet, so similar.
8. They love to travel. We go on adventures, and sometimes just pick up at the spur of the moment to head off somewhere. Part of the fun for me is experiencing new things together, either with just my husband, or now, as the three of us.
9. They allow me the time and space that I need to be me, and stay healthy. Instead of begrudging the nights that I am at my classes, they encourage me and support me. They are my biggest fans, and even when I am doubting myself, they never do.
10. They rock my world. How could you not love that?