Well, it’s Monday Listicles time again. I’ve been so busy in the last few weeks that I haven’t been blogging much. I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things starting today. This week’s topic, chosen by Rachel, was the Pros/Cons of attending our high school reunion.
I actually did attend my 10 year reunion. I will probably attend my 20 year one as well. I do live in my hometown though too. So without further ado, here is my list
1. I get to see all ( or at least some of) the people who were such a huge part of my life for my teen years
2. I get to hear about all of the things that have happened to them, that I might not get to hear about through Facebook
3. I get to share all of the good things that have happened in my life since the last reunion, including my amazing, crazy kid.
4. I get to see how much everyone has changed. Some for the better, some for the worst. At our 10 year reunion, I was surprised to see how some of the really nerdy, awkward people had blossomed, and how some of the high school “pretty people” who tormented us, did not age well at all, even after 10 years. That may be shallow of me, but oh well.
5. Drinking, dancing and laughing like time had reversed. Even if only for one night.
6. Since I live in my hometown, I still see some people. So it’s not as much of a surprise.
7. Sometimes, when I think of high school, I feel like I am that girl, the insecure one who thought that if only she exercised harder, lost 10 more pounds, and lost just a little more of herself each day, that her boyfriend would like her more. Messed up, I know.
8. We had 500 people in my graduating class. 500. I can’t even remember all of them, let alone care.
9. I might run into said ex-boyfriend. See #7.
10. My next reunion means that it will be 20 years since I graduated. Although it’s still a few years away, it’s still looming closer and closer. I refuse to be that old.
Overall, I have some fantastic memories from high school, but I have some really low points that happened then too. I know that everything that happened then helped make me the person I am now, but it doesn’t mean that I want to re-live it all the time either.
How did you like high school? Will you go to your next reunion?