Well, it’s Monday, and this week I have actually managed to get my butt in gear and do up my topic for Stasha’s Monday Listicles. Every week I read the topic with excitement, but then as Sunday nears its end, I don’t get around to writing up my list. I am determined to get back into it, so this week is going to be the start. From now on, if you see that I haven’t done up my list yet, you have my permission to kick my butt. Sound good?
This week’s topic is 10 ways it’s great to be a kid. Really, there are a million ways that it’s great to be a kid, but I am going to try to come up with a little listy of my favourites ( or the ones I can actually think of)…
1. You get to spend your days playing with toys, reading books, and playing in the sandbox and dirt
2. You can exist almost entirely on a diet of Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese, rice with eggs, Chicken McNuggets ( or other chicken strips of your choosing), apples, bananas, and pasta, and be as skinny as a rail. In fact, you might be on the 15th percentile for weight. No grown-up could do that. Although I’m sure that it helps that his body is in motion almost 24 hours a day. Seriously, the kid moves around in his sleep!
3. You don’t have to worry about bills, mortgage or car payments, or student loans. To this I say, enjoy it while you can.
4. It’s fun to practice printing and spelling your name. Really, you could spell every word you see and not get tired of it. It’s still fun to learn new things.
5. You get to read books with cool pictures in them, about Skippyjon Jones and Splat the Cat. (Psst, don’t tell anyone, but I think that Skippyjon is hilarious!)
6. No one yells at you if you get pee on the seat. In fact, when you are first learning to use the bathroom, you get praised for getting it anywhere near the toilet. This is another one that should be enjoyed, ’cause it certainly won’t last.
7. You can go out in public wearing a white button down shirt with skulls on it, a pair of green Buzz Lightyear pyjama pants and blue and green gum boots. Not only do people not laugh at you, they compliment you on your St. Patrick’s Day attire!
8. People read stories to you. When you’re a grown up, the closest you will get to this is through an audiobook, and that is just not the same.
9. It’s ok not to colour in the lines. The art is still beautiful.
10. People not only expect you to be quirky, they celebrate it.
Oh, and just for a bonus
11. Fart jokes are hilarious. Although, if you are a grown up man, they are still funny, but it’s more acceptable to laugh and blame it on Daddy or Mummy when you’re 3.
What do you think are the best parts of being a kid? I know there are so many more.